Monday 17 October 2011

Ill day

Today we all have horrid colds; Evan, Autumn and I. We have cancelled plans and taking a day at home together. This is such a rare event for us as we are usually so busy doing things and going along for the ride that we don't do home days if we have plans.  This makes me wonder a bit as I see myself as a parent who endevours to follow my children's lead, why then do I seem to ignore there lead when they are ill? 

Today we had quite a few plans, a ranger event at Meersbrook park, Nursery and I was also due to run my work's HypnoBabes coffee morning at my house. So I had double booked us as well. Ooops.  I have been working hard these last few months on cutting down essential non-changable activities and keeping things a little looser, which has been working, however I need to remember that even the essential things aren't really essential, even if we have prepaid for them.

Days like today make me crave being closer to shops, so we can stock up on fruit to help regenerate our bodies.  We've plenty of party snacks leftover from Autumn's birthday yesterday, but they are not all that healthy apart from the carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment