Thursday 18 September 2014

The Planets - an experience at Sheffield University

We are so lucky to have such a great, community involving, University in our wonderful city. (Well the University is actually the reason we live here as well)  Anyway today was another of those wonderful experiences, this time in the form of a large orchestra playing the Planet Suite in the Octogon Centre, accompanied with talks and amazing graphics.



So far I've just heard a bit from Pat, since they just got home at 9.30pm (on a week night, shock horror!!) I am excited to hear more about their experiences.  Pat said Autumn asked him how the sun was made. They sat right up close to the instruments so could see the score, and the beauty of the instruments.  They had decided to sit up close to the harps (yes, plural!) and found that there are actually 6 pedals on a harp altering the sound, and the notation on their music was full of big flourishes up and down the scale.  Definitely one of those evenings I wish I didn't work in the evening.  Before they went, Autumn got really sad as I wouldn't be going too.  As did I.  However, I am super fortunate to be able to fully enjoy my endless days with them doing super fun and exciting things.  Hopefully, I'll be able to develop this post more with more that they want to tell me, or learn about as a result of this magical experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment