Friday 2 August 2013

Hello again

I've not posted in such a long time, in fact I forgot I started this blog.  But I thought I'd resurrect it to document our life a bit.  I've tried other ways of doing it, but am not sticking with them, so think this is worth a try, especially since there is an app for the site I can have on my phone and post pictures, which is my main aim really.   I

So currently my son Evan, is 6.5 years old and my daughter Autumn is nearly 4. It is a really vibrant time in our family presently, and the kids are getting along better than they ever have, though that doesn't mean there isn't tonnes of screaming and arguments everyday, but fewer, thankfully, than in the past.

I've notice that I've been doing some rambling but interesting posts on facebook about what has been going on with us, and I figured I might just simply cut and paste here:

"Our home ed day today has consisted of maths, (reorganising toys, categorisation and shape and space), cutting the hedge and clearing cuttings, deciding to make withie-like sticks from some of cuttings for artwork next week. Intermingled with money earning, octonauts play (literacy, speaking, listening, storying), making bug hotels (science and nature, appreciation of natural world) , rope swinging(pe) exhausted now, still got to tidy, currently procrastinating in search of oomph to get going again." 2nd August 2013

Not parenting related, but about me
"I realised today one of the reasons why I love teaching zumba to the moon and back... I feel the most myself than at any other time in my life. Best of all I feel trully accepted by those around me. Currently sharing the zumba love at a festival in suffolk, back at you with a bang next Sunday. Can't wait. Thank you all." 28th July 2013

"What a brilliant day. Thought you might like a little picture of it (BTW, not every day is like this) Woke up and came downstairs to find E (6) doing Reading Eggs (then Mathseeds), he remained on it until we left to go climbing at 10am (approx 4 hours) Climbed for about 1 and a half hours, then to Morrisons for a bit of a shop and lunch. A(3) chatted away delightfully to an older couple who loved every second. Next stop a beautiful little spot of Graves park with the stream and a large uprooted tree with fabulous friends for Squirrel and pirate fun for a few hours in the dappled sun. Then on to dancing for A, whilst E played with a friend in the playground. Came home to Mathseeds, upon which he worked on from 5pm-9pm non-stop (ate dinner whilst doing it). Then to bed without fuss. DREAMY" 17th July 2013

"E found a book in library called 'mummy shop'. He told me that he wouldn't want a different mummy. In the story the little girl was saying how she didn't like all the things that her mummy always told her she had to do. I asked if he ever felt like that. And he said that I don't do that, and he doesn't every feel like that. Autumn also said she wanted me. Don’t get much formal validation in my job, so this feels very much like a part in the back. Thanks kids. Xxx" 16th July 2013

"Notes to evan: 1) when you are annoying to autumn, she will not want to play with you. 2) when you make a mess, it will be messy 3) when you listen to me there is usually a pinch of helpfulness in there. 4) I tell you every day the things that need doing that you can help with, and you earn money for. There is always plenty. So when you moan at me for lack of earning opportunities I will be exacerbated. 5) do not demand other food 5minutes before my freshly prepped dinner is ready, it drives me nuts." 1st July 2013

"Well, Octonauts is taking a backseat in our house (first time in 3 years btw) currently it is Peter Rabbit a go go. Need to dig out my Beatrix potter, or go on a scavenge at charity shops, cos I don't think the originals are at the library any more." 10th June 2013

"What a busy making family today... Slide from bed made (Pat), New veg patch dug and planted (me), toy felt banana sewed ~ nearly finished (Evan), Fresh Icecream made in new icecream maker (ALL) Ta da" 31st May 2013

"Dictionary of autumn: princkly = pruney + crinkly, the act of skin wrinkling up when in water for extended time." 20th May 2013

"What an awesome week... things are just so brilliant with the kids at the moment. There have been a few shifts in what I'm doing, and it is all going so well. Thanks heaps to the amazing people who have supported me through all the tough times, particularly PatrickBeckyKristinaCarol and other non fb'ers. I'm certain there will be tougher times again, but at least I'll have these times to remember and bring back into my mind, knowing that it is possible is half of the wonderfulness. p.s. EVAN ATE CAULIFLOWER... and had seconds!!!!!" 27th March 2013

Written about a Discovery Science night at the University "Setting up slide with "stem cells" for incubation... evan guesstimated the perfect amount for good even spread." 19th March 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment